Age is just a number, right?
Yep it is – but as we age, some of our needs become different too. We might not be able to bound up the stairs like we used to, or lift that heavy box of stuff as easily, and even things like bending down to pick up something you dropped can become more of a hassle.
But that doesn’t mean it’s time to resign yourself to a life of being wrapped in cotton wool, feeling fearful of a fall or letting out a mighty groan when you bend down to tie your shoelaces. Not even in the slightest!
50’s are the new 30’s, and although you mightn’t feel the urge to flail yourself around a high-intensity aerobics class or take up jogging again, doing the right exercises can be so beneficial to your long-term health.
Have a look at the questions below, and answer Yes or No:
- Do you want to feel fit, but haven’t seen any classes or groups out there to cater for what you want to do?
- Are you looking for a fitness class to get you moving again, but that also has a focus on your specific needs as someone in their 50’s or older?
- Do you suffer from aches and pains but don’t want that to get in the way of your fitness?
- Do you feel that you can’t (or shouldn’t!) exercise because of arthritis, osteoporosis, reduced mobility or other issues?
- Do you want to join a group of people at the same stage as you, who want to have FUN while they get fit and strong, and have a laugh while you do it?
- Do you already feel fit from regular activities like walking, but you want to improve your strength and balance for the long-term?
- Are you a bit more nervous than you used to be of falling or injuring yourself, and you want to avoid this as much as possible?
- Do you want to feel secure and confident in your body again, and know that you CAN get up and down that stairs with ease, carry that box of stuff without feeling weak or unsure of your footing, and bend down without even thinking about it?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then joining one of our tailored FUNctionalFITness55+ classes might be just the thing for you!
What our members have to say:
I’m really enjoying the class and the variety of exercise is great. The hour just flies by! I feel that I have really improved from the first week
I love the dynamic between the participants and instructor. Motivation was constant and very constructive
Carrie, you gave us a taste of everything, I was never bored – looking forward to getting even fitter!
We currently run a Saturday morning class at 11am in The Training Ground, Barna. It is an introductory class that covers all the requirements you need – cardio fitness, strength, balance & function fitness.
And we ALWAYS have fun while we do it – I suppose you could say we put the FUN back in FUNctional fitness!! (too corny?!)