AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE – if you want to place a multiple order, contact me via comments 🙂
The origins of the Christmas Jumper phenomenon are vague and largely unknown, but it is clear that it has exploded among the Irish pub-faring folk who like to dabble in a spot of 12 pubs of Christmas shenanigans. There are, however, many downfalls to wearing a Christmas jumper and I might just have come up with a trendy, practical and ingenious solution, which will keep the spirit of the Christmas jumper, but prevent the many downsides.
*Drum-roll please* I would like to unveil the Christmas Jumper Brooch!!
These Christmas Jumper Brooches have been hand-crafted with the utmost attention and TLC. They are also unisex, and can be enjoyed by any age group. And more importantly, they will alleviate the problems that normal Christmas Jumper wearers (forthwith known as “past-its”) endure, as follows:
- There will be no more sweating like Santa stuck in a chimney as you are squeezed like a sardine into a packed pub, where you unfortunately end up standing almost on top of the fire.
- You will no longer have to step over people in Penneys trying to get a suitable jumper in your size, colour and style that every single one of your friends doesn’t have already.
- You can wear your own coat over your own normal clothes without looking like a lagging jacket.
- If you are handy with a bit of needle-knocking, you could put together one of these bad boys in a couple of hours at minimal cost.
- You are still partaking in the bantz and lolz of Christmas Jumper wearing, just with more fashion and decorum.
No doubt there are other benefits that I haven’t thought of (yet), but this should be enough to convince you that Christmas Jumper Brooches are the way forward.
If you want any of the patterns, just get in touch – I’m more than happy to share 😉
Quick update – here are the patterns (for the 16 sts jumper). I’ll update it with the 20 sts pattern later in the week.
- 2 x 4mm needles
- various DK wool (or aran, or any other suitable thickness)
- crochet hook/sewing needle suitable for wool