Those of you who remember the 1990’s Wine Gums ad will get the reference above. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, take a sneak peak at this video. This is what life was like in the 90’s kids… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xG3D8OMQk
Today’s recipe is for a nice light chocolate mouse that is Free on the Unislim plan. I whipped it up over the weekend, and it went down a treat at home. There are just 3 ingredients so it couldn’t be easier!
In this version, I used a low-calorie hot chocolate powder as the chocolate flavouring – you could also use melted chocolate. I originally made one using 70% cocoa dark chocolate; it wasn’t very sweet, but I liked it as I’m a lover of dark chocolate. You can also use regular hot chocolate powder too of course.
- 1 egg white
- A few tablespoons of low-fat yoghurt (I used Alpro Plain, but there are numerous options – Liberte 0%, Fage etc.)
- Heaped tablespoon of low calorie chocolate powder (a little extra for sprinkling)
- A handful of berries (optional)
Directions (serves 2):
- Place the egg white in a small bowl and beat until you can form stiff peaks with the mixture
- Fold in the yoghurt, spoon by spoon, until you get a mousse-like consistency
- Slowly add the chocolate powder and fold into the mousse mixture and stir gently
- Taste and add more chocolate powder if it’s not sweet enough
- Place in a fancy glass, pop a few berries on top and sprinkle with some chocolate powder
- Serve the mousse on a wooden board. We all know that the best food these days is always served on a board…
- Wow your friends with your culinary abilities and feel like a finalist on Master Chef