“What on earth will we do with all this leftover smoked salmon” said no-one in my house, ever. Until this weekend when I had over-bought (as if!) smoked salmon for some food tasters I was planning for Unislim.
So I had a little look on-the-line and saw that there are plenty of healthy and simple recipes to help solve the terribly first-world problem of too much smoked salmon.
I used a mish-mash of recipes and created this beauty. It may not be a looker, but I can guarantee that it tastes fantastic. And you can also add other veggies too.
Happy leftovers 😉
Recipe (Serves 2)
**Unslim – FTC and 1 yum per serving for the crème fraiche**
- 120g wholemeal pasta
- 60ml low fat crème fraîche
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Black pepper
- 60-80g smoked salmon
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest of half lemon
- 50g frozen veg (I used peas)
- chives (for garnish)
- Cook the pasta as per the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix the crème fraîche, ground black pepper and crushed garlic together.
- Drain the pasta, then return it to the pan with the crème fraîche mix and peas, and cook on a low heat for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the smoked salmon and lemon juice for just a minute or two, until the smoked salmon is warm.
- Season and top with the lemon zest and chives.